Are you a Millionaire?

I have a friend. Let's call him Kyle. He is obsessed with money. I mean really.

Anyway, while talking to him the other day, the topic turned to net worth. So for a laugh, I told him that he's probably a millionaire already; he just didn't know it!

Boy, you should have seen him, I swear his ears almost waggled as his (already bulgy) eyes bulged out of their sockets!

So I says, look - you've got 3 properties right? And he says, yeah but I still owe the banks for the mortgage.

Well, says I, what about your MRTA?

Ha! He gets it. Despite his many shortcomings, one thing I do like about him is that he gets things very quickly. There's a lot to be said about that.

So so so, if added all together, they come up to about half million already at market value, he stuttered.

Uh huh. And now, how about your EPF? There's about 150K in there or so.

Oooo... now I'm up to 650K. Still nowhere near a million, what?!

Insurance leh? I ask. Not a lot lah, he says. No, what about your PA? Aren't you insured for a couple of hundred K at least?

Oh sh*t (this IS a family U rated article after all), he exclaims! Then add that and plus my savings, unit trusts and some bits and pieces here and there... I think can ALMOST touch one million! Wah...

Yah, I say, BUT ONLY IF YOU DIE IN AN ACCIDENT OR GET PERMANENTLY DISABLED! Kena 'cha-tou'! hahahaha

I am so evil.

But seriously folks - if you figured out your assets, it's not that bad after all - only thing is that you can't really touch the money unless, well, you kick the bucket or something like that.

Actually, my point really is: Make a god-damn will! After going through that exercise, I realised myself that I had better do something to protect what I have for my loved ones.

So I went ahead and did it and you know, it wasn't all that hard at all!

Honestly, I feel quite relieved that this has been done. Well, to all my current heirs - you know what to do - treat me like royalty! Jeng jeng jeng... ;)

love ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur