"Seeds" on NTV7

I caught the debut episode of "Seeds" yesterday - niiicceee... I know, I know, it's a local production of agri-business (how exciting, huh?)..

But seriously, folks, I think it is a good step in the right direction. Having Naz as the host is not a bad idea either - ok, I'm biased, he's my junior from high school and he's a nice kid, ya know? (yeah, nice kid who prolly makes more money than me! LOL)

Anyway, yesterday's episode was on spice manufacturing (how "Dune"!) and mushroom cultivation with chips thrown in. Kewl... oh yeah, and an interview with the PM Pak Lah.

The only grouse I had was that it's a little simplistic compared to, say, Landline but I'm thinkin' baby steps, baby steps.. oh, and the blatant CIMB mention but hey, they *did* sponsor the thing :p

Anyway, I'm always keen on seeing stuff like this (agribiz-nerd that I am) because we (as in M'sia) seem to look down on agriculture like it is not 'glamour' enough, cannot make money etc but it's not true. We have so many resources but we don't bother to develop them - take tropical fruits for one. We can grow them so easily but look at Queensland and Hawaii - their tropical fruit industry churns out high quality, premium priced stuff. It's a MANGO, for gods sake and they can charge high prices 'cos they take the effort to improve the quality and packaging. We all? Hngh...

Enough of my rant, I'm very glad to see something like 'Seeds' on TV - hope to see more of it!

Remember, Sundays 5pm, NTV7!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi there,

I am Naseruddin Wahab, the Executive Producer for Seeds. I am glad you like the show. Thanks for the frank review and keep watching Seeds. Dont forget to check out our website too www.seedstv.com

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur