Buying Property

Many years ago, I wrote a rant about the Bumi discount that property developers give to bumi customers.

Non-bumis, of course, pay full price. Not only that, you know that the developers would have passed the cost of the discount to YOU, the non-bumi buyer. And if you didn't know that, consider yourself schooled, yo.

Anyway, that was then. After all the angst and what have you of the unfairness of the whole thing, what woke me up was the constant (I do mean CONSTANT) whining you see on commentaries and forum boards about how oh so unfair it is etc etc (as well as whining about how new launches are always soooo expensive and not where they want to live etc - that's a whole other post).. and I was like, what the F?

So you know what? Screw the system. I am not going to even participate in this whole "relying on developers for properties while being screwed to fund the discount".

I went and bought from the secondary market.

Yes, it needs more cash up front.
Yes, it takes a LOT longer to find what you want.
Yes, it is a long and involved process to find, negotiate and finalise the sale.
AND yes, you will incur more costs renovating the place.

But you know what, it is something I know I want, in the location that I want, and will be renovated in the way that I want - I am not beholden to waiting for a developer to launch something in the unknown future in a compromised location and an unknown design - just for the sake of it being new and easy to buy.

Yeah, so what if I made the process more difficult. Nothing good comes easy, as far as I am concerned.

So you losers who keep whining about how difficult it is to buy property, seriously, you guys are so fucked up. You're actually just lazy and waiting for something to drop out of the sky; what you're actually complaining about is that you can't get what you want without any effort; with DIBS and free legal fees etc. I got news for you, all those freebies are costed into the price of your overpriced unit. Dumb ass.

Now that is my latest rant on properties in Malaysia. Thank you for watching! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur