Quartz 16 (re) Launch

My sister just brought home a brochure for Quartz 16 that she got from a show booth at a mall around the Melawati area - think it was Wangsa Walk.

Anyway, I was surprised because I thought it was sold out ages ago.

The background to this was sometime in 2012, when I was still looking for a property, Quartz 16 showed up on my radar.

I tracked down the showroom - the adverts, banners and website all said that it was a soft launch only so you can only go and register your interest - but when I got there, what they told me was that a LOT of the choice units had already been booked.

What pissed me off was that the sales lady told me that the bookings were all made PRIOR to the public launch of the advertising, so to me, what's the point of inviting the public to come register when you already have given priority to "sweetheart deals" with your so-called investor clubs and 'friends of the company director'? That's literally what she told me: friends of the director.

Back then, I believe the indicative price was RM1.4 or 1.6 million - for a 3-storey super link house, I guess that's about the going rate.

But now, it's "launched" at a minimum of RM1.9 million (7% Bumi discount factored in, I reckon).

So what's the deal? What happened to the 'popular response' that booked up all the units prior to the supposed launch in 2012? Why the delay for more than a year?

Granted there was some political uncertainty but that was back in May 2013.

Anyway, the location is behind the Zoo, in the Kemensah area... very close to the border of the Zoo actually. It's a nice, quiet place but rather a large number of monkeys roaming freely there too. (I have a monkey phobia, long story.)

So is RM2.0++ million worth buying? Well, if you have the money and income to support such a property, I'd say go for it.

But I think this developer is not trustworthy, based on my encounter at the sales gallery back in 2012.

I'm sure they had their reasons for doing what they did back then and now but it has left a bad impression on me.

I told my sister to give this project a miss (she can afford it, believe me) due to this issue... and because of the monkeys too. hehe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur