1st post of 2017 and it's March!

It's been 2 months since my last post.

Honestly, I did have some activity around properties but I didn't feel like writing about it. Can't even remember the name of that project now.. anyway, it is in Wangsa Maju and it is a decent deal but meh... somehow it got me excited then the sales tactics quickly left me COLD. So I didn't bother.

ANYWAY.. so what's new is that I'm in a relationship now, in love and feeling happy. Wonder if that has anything to do with me not posting anything lately, LOL!!

So on the money front - updates thus far:

  • Bonus - quite decent, about the same as last year - think it is slightly up by a few thousand. All in all, am very grateful for it.
  • Increment - I had a bad initial reaction to it, and I admit it was unjustifiable on my part because the increment was generous, except that the bulk of it came from the car allowance and not basic. It seems petty, I suppose - why not just make it as basic? Ah well, they still pay EPF on the allowance (and I have to pay tax on it too) so it's essentially the same as basic. Just the name only lor ... although, technically, employers *can* take away an allowance if need be... so that's the risk there that I was reacting to, I guess.
  • EPF dividend - just announced at 5.7%, to me, that's ok. I'm sure there are lots of people who won't be happy with that but then again, they are generally unhappy anyway, so no difference hahaha some funds can have stellar payouts like 20% but for a sovereign pension fund like the EPF, it can't take that much risk like a smaller fund, so there's that..
I'll stop here for now.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur