Expensive property, cheap marketing tactics...

This is dedicated to Mah Sing Properties and their Aspen Gardens development.

Now I believe I must have given my name and phone number at one of their property launches ages ago... most likely at M-Suites.

But lately, I've been bombarded with almost weekly SMS messages - and usually the same message is sent twice for their Aspen project.

The first few I ignored but then it started to get quite frequent. And the promotion was not about discounts or whatever but for some rather tacky or unrelated activity - just to attract people to go there. And it has become increasingly bizarre of late:
 - Today: a Cosplay party
 - Last week: Zumba classes
 - Earlier: Medical talk
 - Months ago: Think a Feng Shui talk...

I wouldn't have thought much about it if the SMS's hadn't been so frequent but they were so persistent that it was becoming very annoying.

So I did a quick check on this Aspen Gardens - ehmehgerd - they are charging RM3.8million (starting price) for huge McMansions of about 7,000 square feet.

I was just facepalming myself - How, HOW can you use such cheap marketing promos like a freaking COSPLAY party to attract the right kind of buyer?

Are they working on the premise of "lets get ENOUGH people here and maybe just ONE or TWO will buy"?

Seriously?

To be fair, it MAY work but I find it hard to believe that if you had the wherewithal to purchase a RM4.0 million property (just rounding up), you'd be attracted just by a free Zumba class and a Cosplay party on a Saturday to part with your money! Unless you really buy property on a whim and a fancy...

Anyway, the upshot of it is that I have lost a lot of respect for how Mah Sing does its marketing - especially for such high end property (hello, we're talking about USD1.2 million here... 800,000 pound sterling, this is not small change by ANY standards).

Seriously, it sends a bad and worrying signal that you have over-priced / wrongly-priced for a project that is in Cyberjaya. Hell, even if I was working or had a business in Cyberjaya that could afford me a 4mil property - I'd still rather stay in Damansara Heights, Kenny Hills or Bangsar.

In the meantime, I wonder how I can get Mah Sing to stop sending me SMS's. It's annoying. And rather sad. For them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur