Wangsa9 Residency, Wangsa Maju

Actually, I'm quite blur - I only notice new developments when they start construction! LOL

So the land clearing happening right in front of Wangsa Walk caught my attention yesterday and so after a wee bit of checking - it is a fairly high end project by Mitrajaya.

[I was not too impressed with their sales handling of Quartz16 - the favouritism is strong in this one]

SO... I think I should check out their sales gallery at the Rampai Business Park this weekend, if time permits.

The pertinent detail that is a bit of a turn-off at present is this:

You cannot purchase the smallest unit unless you buy the bigger one FIRST! Then you have an "option" to purchase the small one OR you can pass-it-on to a friend and get an 8% discount.

It's not dodgy or anything but somehow... it doesn't sit right with me, like it unfairly benefits people with money against those who don't. Surprising coming from me? I'm actually quite left-leaning at times, depends on the circumstances.

That aside, location-wise, it is a WINNER.


  1. A 3-5 minute walk to the Sri Rampai LRT station.
  2. Directly across from Wangsa Walk Mall - which has a cinema, can you imagine, can walk to the cinema! So cool... hehe for me anyway.
  3. Loads of amenities within walking distance - banks, restaurants (none of them are stand-outs, mind you), 24 hour fast food outlets (huge KFC, Pizza Hut), DBKL branch office and schools


It is in, what I call, the gentrified area of Wangsa Maju - wide roads and well planned.

Key points:

  • Leasehold
  • Unit layouts available start from 1,650 sf to 2,200 sf; the 1,033 sf ones are not for sale yet.
  • RM630 per square foot (yikes!)
  • 3 towers, they say, of about 38 floors
  • Gross development value of RM0.5 billion
  • Prices thus start from RM600k+ (for the unavailable small ones), 
  • What is available starts from RM900k+  up to around RM1.3 million
  • Maintenance is supposed to be at 25 sen - doesn't seem sustainable to me


Have yet to see the design concept and layouts.

Hmm... seems kind of interesting but will need to see more...

Initial thoughts are:

  • Good for rent but only for the small units
  • Good for own stay if you like or are from this area and want the convenience of malls, LRT etc - I'm guessing it is good for families with teenage kids

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur