GE13: My thoughts

I want to approach this in a fair and unemotional (as much as possible) manner:

On BN - I think it is time you had a short spell on the Opposition Bench. Maybe 5 years, max 10 years. You need a shake-up to get rid of the opportunists, leeches and sycophants hanging around you. The only way to do that is to cut off the money supply. Fix yourselves, show your true passion for serving the people and I am sure you can get back your position to govern within the next couple of elections.

On PR - I think it is time to give you a chance in government, it is a leap of faith I must say as there are many, MANY reservations I have about you - PAS likely to try imposing moral policing and other no-value-add type of policies, PKR not being able to keep it together with internal factions and their UMNO-culture baggage and DAP, oh DAP... if it is true about the Christian evangelists being in the top leadership then it is going to be like South Korea's Lee Myeongbak's admnistration of a minority Christian government bullying / ignoring the needs of the majority Buddhist population.

So what that means is this - PR for federal (hope not as many state seats to form a huge majority as that is where PAS causes the most mischief - in state administration especially on moral policing); I know there's still going to be corruption and sweetheart deals - ok lah, go "eat" a BIT. A BIT only ok. But we're watching you like a hawk and BN will be as well.

Don't forget that BN has huge resources, hope they will use it to help the poor (oh, I'm so naive) and monitor PR while they are in government.

SO... my hope for PR is this: Please don't 'makan' too much, do more to eliminate unjust laws, don't meddle too much in financial matters where you have little experience, liberalise the economy so that there is more activity - thus more taxes that you can collect for your 'benevolent society' concept.

Well, we'll see what happens this Sunday. I'm bracing myself for a BN win - just in case. Either way, we will all be fine - life goes on, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur