Malaysia's 13th General Election

So after a long 5 years of intense politicking that we have never seen the like of - Parliament has finally been dissolved to make way for the Elections.

The date is not finalised, many are speculating but it looks most likely to be at the end of April. Some rumours have been circulating that it may be held on 13 May to "scare people" (re: the May 13 tragedy of 1969).

The outcome is very hard to predict - it is down to the wire.

Personally, I am not too convinced on either side, although am more inclined towards change but I'm wary of certain elements within the opposition.

Weighing the pros and cons, I think eventually it can only boil down to what are the choices available for my constituency ie who are the candidates contesting for the MP and state seats - after all, that's all one can choose.

May have to split it - one side for Federal, another for State. Keep them on their toes. Can't have concentration of power all on one side - we've had that for more than 50 years and while it works for getting things done vis-a-vis infrastructure development and so on but there is no check & balance in corruption and abuse of power - all conveniently bulldozed over in the name of 'membangun negara'.

On the other hand, cannot hand too much power to the other side until they've proven themselves - have to be careful especially with PAS. I have a great deal of respect for people like Khalid Samad and Dr Dzulkefly but I can't say the same for the bulk of the grassroots because they pander to the baser instincts of their power base.

However, that is out of my hands as I think my constituency is going to be a DAP vs MCA battle. So we'll see, as I said, who are the candidates involved...

Anyway, I can't predict what's going to happen - it's too close. I DO hope that it will not be chaotic once the results are in; life has to go on - win or lose, I just hope both parties accept the results graciously then we can all move on with our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FundMyHome - Malaysia's new property crowd funding review

Ryan & Miho Petaling Jaya

What does your neighbourhood say about you: Kuala Lumpur